A classic Birkenstock look. One of our first close-toe styles, the London’s simplicity shines with clean lines and an adjustable buckled strap.
- Anatomically shaped footbed
- Oiled leather – unique characteristics of the leather are highlighted by a rich oil treatment, develops natural patina over time
- Contoured cork footbed conforms to the shape of your foot and features pronounced arch support, a deep heel cup and roomy toe box; lined with suede
- Lightweight EVA sole for cushioning and shock absorption
- Avoid extreme heat
- “Made in Portugal”
Upper: Oiled leather
Oiled leather can be recognized by its untreated surface. BIRKENSTOCK purposely does not treat surface grains and other characteristic features. BIRKENSTOCK uses sturdy leather with a thickness of 2.8 to 3.2 millimeters as upper material.
Insole: Real Leather
The flexible leather lining, which is gentle on the skin, nestles up softly against your foot and adjusts to its contour. The open-pored and thus very breathable surface makes for a comfortable foot climate, even during more strenuous physical activity.
Footbed material: Cork
Cork is a sustainable material extracted from the bark layer of the cork oak. This natural product is insulating and offers very good cushioning.
EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) is a high-quality, very light, elastic material with extremely good cushioning. As a result, it smooths out slight irregularities in the floor and ensures that every step is softly cushioned.
Why should you go with Birkenstock?
- Birkenstocks allow you feet to assume their natural position, removing all pressure points which naturally increases blood circulation throughout the whole body.
- Wearing Birkenstocks cause your total bodyweight to become more evenly distributed across your feet. The anatomically correct footbed includes; cuboid arch, lower & upper metatarsal arches, medial & lateral side arches, deep heel cup, and toe grip that will fill in the underside of your foot with true support. The flat design will properly distribute weight which will promote longer wear to help protect your investment.
- The cork and latex footbed will mold to your feet. The heat and weight from your body will cause the footbed to soften and shape to your foot.
- Birkenstocks are an investment! Many people wear theirs for more than 10 years. Initial price, a few resoles, and minor maintenance comes out to about $10/year for total comfort and well-being. Some people have been known to wear the same pair for 30+ years!
- Customers with plantar fasciitis, hammer toe, bunions, neuroma etc. have claimed significant relief after wearing Birkenstocks
- Can be completely resoled and the cork can be patched
- Footbeds can be altered i.e., toe bar and arch modification (upon request)
- Birkenstock was founded in 1774 and the Arizona was the most searched-for shoe of 2020